Sunday, December 1, 2019

Online Caregiver Support





• I feel more and more stressed as my mother’s needs increase! How do I handle taking care of what she needs while still managing to get things done for my family?

• Dad is starting to forget who members of his family are. How do we respond when he thinks we are someone else?

• I am a long distance caregiver. My parents would prefer to stay in their home, but I am concerned as their health/dementia declines. How do I encourage them to get help in their home? I believe they may be better in a community, but there is resistance. Any suggestions?

Have you ever had a question like one of these, but were not sure who to ask? Or would you be willing to share your ideas on how to manage something challenging that has come up in your caregiving responsibilities?

“Dear Lucy” is "Caregiver Teleconnection" telephone learning session where you can have these types of questions answered from an expert in the field of caregiving by Lucy Barylak, MSW. She was also a caregiver for her mother for almost ten years, so she know where you are coming from! With the holidays approaching, it can get even more stressful at times trying to balance everything. Dear Lucy will be discussing how to make it through the holidays and still maintain balance.


Please send your questions or suggestions to caregiversos@wellmed.net. Then, join Dear Lucy on Thursday, December 12th at 10:00 am CT. She will answer the questions submitted as well as any other questions that come up during the call.

Even if you don’t have a question or idea to share, please call in to listen to the discussion. You might learn something helpful!